Thursday, December 29, 2005

Dr. Marna Graduates!

As promised, although alittle delayed, here's a post about Marna's graduation. The Nelson early-Christmas will have to be posted by Bill or Karen since they have all the pictures. I also think they should make at least one post.

Marna and I arrived in Ames on Thursday the day before graduation. That gave us some time to go Cocostal (which means eat at one of our favorite restaurants named Cocost) and see some friends. We watched the Apprentice finale with Matthew and Neysa at their place, it felt like old times.

Marna's parents were suppose to arrive Thursday evening but were stranded in Minneapolis due to weather. Marna and I had some trouble as well - we sat on the runway for a couple hours in Detroit. We finally got out and we found out later that the airport shutdown shortly after our departure. Everyone else made it to Iowa without any trouble.

We had a pre-graduation dinner at another one of our favorite restaurants (Ge Angelos).



The actual ceremony went quicker than expected. Marna marched out with a huge smile on her face, looking very cute. The hooding took a few minutes and then there was nothing left but the waiting.



Here's a picture of the Nelsons taken after the ceremony:



Up next: Christmas in New York with Marna's family...........

2 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, January 10, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a smile on you, lady! Love the undies, Scott!

You two may or may not remember the line that is running through my head b/c of the title of this post. Ever see the *Beverly Hills, 90210* episode where Donna almost wasn't allowed to graduate from Beverly Hills High? Ohhh, the chants that rose up from that travesty: "Donna Martin graduates! Donna Martin graduates!" came all her friends to the rescue, and Donna did indeed graduate.

"Dr. Marna graduates! Dr. Marna graduates!"

If, on the off-chance, Dr. Scott had that particular reference in mind when titling this post, I think I should win some sort of prize.

Don't you?

 
At 9:42 AM, January 17, 2006, Blogger Scott said...

Sorry Neysa, no prize for you. I do vaguely remember what you are talking about though. I think I'm impressed that you've retained that knowledge for so long, but I haven't quite decided.

Ok, I've decided, I'm impressed (five minutes just passed while I took care of some lab stuff). So even though I think you should win a prize, it seems like a slippery slope once we start awarding prizes "ex post facto". Therefore, no prize for you. I'll see what I can do about putting in actual hidden references in future posts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home